Monday, March 3, 2008

Sad day

The last few days have been a little emotional for me. More so for my sister Sarah, I'm sure, who this morning at 5:30 delivered her little baby boy at 4 1/2 months. They named the little 8 oz. 8 inch baby, Harmon Dale Barton. Needless to say, they are not going to have the joy of raising their little boy in this life.

On Saturday afternoon Sarah and Bret anxiously went to their ultrasound appointment to find out if they were having a boy or girl. After the tech had gone through taking cute little pictures of the face, hands, feet, etc. she checked the heart and realized she could not find a heartbeat. Because the baby was 20 weeks old and too big to get out any other way, poor Sarah had to go through delivery for a baby she knew was already gone.

I am so heartbroken for Sarah and for the little Barton boys who were so excited to have another baby in the house. And poor Bret who had to break the news to those cute little anxious faces waiting to hear if the baby was a brother or a sister.

As I see the trial they are going through right now, I realize how very grateful I am for the three little blessings I have in my life. When you receive such amazing blessings so freely it is easy to take them for granted sometmes, especially when those amazing blessings are tired and all screaming at the same time.

It is times like these that make me so very grateful for the plan of salvation and for the knowledge we have. Life and death would be so incredibly hard without the gospel.

3 comments:

Scott and Krista said...

We are so sorry to have heard that. It must be extremely hard. Please let her know that their family is in our thoughts and prayers. It is very comforting to know that they will have the chance to be together again.

Madison Grunig said...

What a sad story. I got a little teary reading this, maybe because I'm almost 20 weeks and can't imagine losing it at this point. We'll be praying for their sweet family. And what a sweet testimony of gratitude to add, Lisa.

Brittany said...

Oh Lisa, I am so so sorry to hear that. It sure does make you grateful for every second you have with your loved ones, you just never know what could happen and when. We will be praying for your family. I just can't imagine.