Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Emma!!!

Again, I am slow in posting but Emma turned 4 on the 29th of April. I can't believe she is so big! She got to open one present in the morning, it was everything she needed to be a princess for the day. Here she is all dressed up.
We also had pink pancakes with purple syrup for the special occasion. Here she is ready to blow out her candles. Just a tip, when you put candles in pancakes wait until the pancakes cool off a bit. Otherwise they melt! Genius.
We started off the morning at the park and ended it with strawberry shortcake (yummm) at my mom's. We also went and saw Horton Hears A Who (with Emma all dressed up of course). It was great because we, along with my sisters and their kids, were the only ones in the theater so the little boys who got restless towards the end of the movie could run around and not bother anyone. During the movie I handed Emma a starburst, she ate it and a little while later poked me and said, "mom, was there paper on that treat you gave me?" She had eaten the wrapper along with the candy and didn't realize it until the candy was gone and the paper was stuck in her teeth. It was pretty funny.

Just a few things I love about Emma

  • She is so excited about learning right now, she is always asking me how things are spelled and telling me what letters begin different words. She also loves to have me tell her which numbers to push on the phone so she can dial and call people. We have done Jared's cell phone so many times she has it memorized. Jared is SO glad I taught her so now she can call him whenever she wants, and as many times as she wants :) .

  • I love the way she pretends to be a princess. Everything about her changes from the way she walks to the way she sits on her chair. She has started a new thing lately, she will "accidently" bump into something just so she can say "oh" in her soft, high pitched princess voice. She even has her own little accent she has developed.

  • Emma loves to sing and dance. She makes up her own songs to sing, usually about whatever she is doing at the moment. When she finishes she will look at me and wait for me to clap and if I don't she is very quick to point out that she just finished her lovely song and it is time for me to clap.

  • Emma has a shirt she calls her "preganant" shirt. Without fail, every time I get it out for her to wear she says, "I'm going to wear my preganant shirt today?" I love the way she says it. She is also very sweet to comment on my clothes and hair. She will often tell me how cute I look or tell me my clothes are pretty...and she is not afraid to tell me if she doesn't like my clothes either.

  • I absolutely love Emma's imagination. She comes up with the funniest things. She is also very thoughtful.
  • Emma is super friendly and loves to meet and talk to new people. She just knows everyone she meets wants to know all about her. It is fun but it also makes me a little nervous.

Emma is my little sweetheart. She definitely has a stinky side but for the most part is very sweet. I have loved watching her with Rees these last few months. She takes such good care of her and keeps telling me she can't wait to be a mom. She is so fun and I have loved watching her grow these last 4 years.

As I was cleaning up Emma's birthday decorations I kept hearing her say, "I'm being a mommy, I'm being a mommy" over and over again, I wasn't really paying attention thinking she must just be playing with her dolls. When I finally looked at her this is what I saw. This is Emma being a "mommy". I sure love her!

2 comments:

Madison Grunig said...

She is so flippin' adorable and sweet and lovely! What a darling girl to have around.

Anna said...

Good work writing all those things down about Emma! They were so fun to read and will be so good for her and you to have in the future! She is very cute.