Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ma & Pa

Jared and I got to be a Ma and Pa for our ward's pioneer trek this year. It was a little weird because I felt like I should still be one of the youth and not a Ma, but it was SO much fun! We had the best little family and had a great experience that I will remember for the rest of my life. We got to go to Independence Rock, Martin's Cove, and Rocky Ridge. I had never been to any of these places so it was fun to go see all three.Jared and Me


The girls following up the rear. Our boys had a little too much energy so the girl's job was to pull back on the handcart when they got going too fast.

Tug-O-War

Jump roping while taking a little break on the trail

Cam and Marissa (two of my kids) and me doing the limbo. We had some down time and had to find a way to entertain ourselves.

My favorite picture. This is our family pulling our handcart through a big mud bog. There were a bunch of these on our long day of walking and we couldn't take the handcart off the trail so the kids had to go right through them. It was great!

4 comments:

Madison Grunig said...

Fun pictures! Carolyn said you were incredible at the limbo and from the pictures, I think she was right! It was so good to see you guys last week.

Tara said...

How fun! From what I've heard, Trek is one of the best experiences people ever have.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a TON of hard work. I bet it was an incredible experience though. Great photos!
I miss you!

Brittney said...

How cool! We would love to do that. And by-the-way, you are a real Ma....so you do qualify to be a pretend one too. :)