Monday, June 15, 2009

I did it!

For a while now I've wanted to run a marathon but never thought I'd actually do it. I've never been much of a runner but I pulled it off and ran my first marathon on Saturday! It started out that Jared, his sister, Elise, and I would run it together but Jared and Elise ended up with injuries and couldn't run. I think they were both pretty bummed they couldn't run it with me...instead Jared got to drive me to provo at 3:30 in the morning and hang out all day waiting for me to cross the finish line. Fun!!!Running at around mile 17. I wasn't expecting to see Jared until about mile 21 so I was suprised and happy :).

Running into the finish line. Jared and my mom and dad were there waiting with the kids. Chris and Nancy and Jared's brother Nate and his wife Anna were on their way but I was faster than I thought I would be and finished before they got there. Emma is always wanting to go running with me and never gets to, so she along with TJ ran the last little bit of the race and crossed the finish line with me. I loved it!!!
The family at the finish line. My finishing time for the 26.2 miles was 3 hours 56 minutes. Jared took more pictures throughout the race but unfortunately he is not much of a photographer and they all turned out blurry :) just kidding, we really just need a new camera. I think I am hooked and hope to run more, but right now I am looking forward to just being able to walk normal again...I am sooo sore!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Way to go. Sooooo cool. Seriously you do not even look tired in those pictures, so if you were then I would have to say Jared is a fantastic photographer.

Madison Grunig said...

Wow, Lisa! Good for you. That is so awesome! I'm very very impressed with you.

Ali said...

Congrats Lisa! You should have called me! I live about 10 blocks from the mall you finished at, I would have loved to see you all. But congratulations, that is a really cool thing to accomplish!

Kinley said...

That is so awesome! Way to go! That picture of you running... wow look at your arms! Sweet!

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa! I am impressed! I don't think many people could say they have run a marathon! You are an inspiration!!!

Julie said...

Ohh By the bam post was me! I wasn't logged in right! I hope to see you guys soon, It has been way too long!! Julie

Mark, Stef, and Grace said...

Lisa, it was so fun to see you! Great job on the marathon! Your kids are darling. =)

Brittney said...

That is amazing! Way to go. I've thought about doing it.....and that is probably as far as I will get.